Distinguished Service Awards
Since 1968, the DSA Banquet has recognized outstanding individuals in the Union area community. Each year, awards are presented in the following categories:
- Outstanding Young Person - presented to a young man or woman between the ages of 21-40
- Outstanding Educator - presented to an educator who teaches school at any age level in the City of Union or the Union R-XI School District
- Outstanding Student - presented to a high school student who resides in the Union R-XI School District, regardless of where they attend school
- Shield Award for First Responders - presented to a member of a Union-based first responder agency
- Distinguished Service Award - presented to a man or woman over the age of 41
All nominees are judged on the 10 items listed in the criteria below, and given to the judging panel, which
is made up of the past winners in each category.
Finalist must be determined on the basis of achievement or contribution in three (3) or more of the following areas:
1. Personal improvements or accomplishments
2. Social improvement to major contemporary problems
3. Philanthropic contribution or voluntary service
4. Politics or government service
5. Scientific or technological contributions
6. Cultural achievement (including contributions in literature, history, education, or art)
7. Academic leadership or accomplishments
8. Moral and religious leadership
9. Any other important contributions to the community, state, or nation
10. Professional achievement
To nominate someone, please fill out this form and send to the
Union Area Chamber of Commerce office no later than January 5th, 2019.
To attend this event, please fill out this entry form and return to the Chamber office no later than February 8th, 2019.
To sponsor this event, please fill out this form and return to the Chamber office.
Helping our Missouri community grow since 1979
103 South Oak Street
Union, MO 63084