Helping our Missouri community grow since 1979
103 South Oak Street
Union, MO 63084
Long Haul Service Award BBQ
Since 1980, the Union Area Chamber of Commerce has hosted the annual Long Haul BBQ in September. This event
recognizes outstanding individuals in the Union area community.
Rules Governing Award Nominations
- The Long Haul Award, a lifelong service award, will be conferred by the Union Area Chamber of Commerce to a citizen in the Union area over the age of 65 who has served the community throughout his or her life.
- The award is for direct, outstanding service and has no relation to Chamber membership.
- Nominees will be recognized for past contributions to the betterment of the community through church, service organizations and general service to fellowman and need not be currently involved in community activities.
- Nominees may be male or female
- Nominees must be 65 years of age or older.
- Nominees must reside within the Union area.
- Nominations are open to any organization or individual in the community. Past recipients of this award are: Albert Schulte, Inza Conley, Kenneth Wehmueller, Leo J. Peirick, Hamilton Brightwell, Elvis Winchester, L.J. Williams, Helen Thomas, Clifton Schuenemeyer, Ray Arand, Paul Schoene, Mel Goers, Allen Peters, Jack Fraser, Robert McDonald, Richard Hoemann, Luella Hoemeyer, Robert Hansen, Sid Richman, Wayne Rathgeber, Eldo Strubberg, Glenn VanLeer, Bill Martindill, Jerry Borgmann, Ralph Smith, Leroy Strubberg, John Devos, Dixie VanLeer, Larry Davis, Sam Stausing, John Devine, Armin & Norma Klemme, Richard & Earlaine Sandoval, Dave Hall, Dave Sutton, Bruce .
Time and Location
Thursday, September 21, 2017
City Park's Large Pavilion
Social Hour begins at 6:00 pm
Dinner begins at 7:00 pm
$20.00 per person
Fee includes dinner and an open bar